Tuesday, July 01, 2003

More Thoughts for Bev

There have been a few people who have written back to me requesting an update on my Mother-in-Law Bev. For those that don’t want to dig back through the archives, she’s the one with pancreatic cancer.

She’s doing OK for now. She’s mostly in bed, but she’s been back from the hospital for months, now. She’s done a couple of rounds of chemo, and she seems to be taking life in stride. She’s already outlived the predictions of the doctors.

This whole experience has changed our relationship. I’m sad to say that I used to take her and her husband for granted. They loved having our kids over, so Brendon, especially, would sometimes be over there 3-4 times a week. But they can’t handle that kind of action and energy now. He’s a 5-year-old… C’mon!

It was sure nice to have built-in babysitters.

We get over for short visits about twice a week, now.

And I feel bad about that. Sometimes I felt like I took advantage of the situation, and wasn’t as appreciative as I should have been. They are wonderfully giving people.

Anyway, if anyone wants to send her an email now, they can send it to me and I’ll hand-deliver it!


MRKH
Mark Hansen
http://markhansenmusic.com



No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails