Thursday, September 23, 2004

LDS Music links

I've found a couple of links to some sites/blogs that I found really interesting.

For a long time, I've been very interested in the fringes of LDS music. Songs and sounds that are not the norm. Of course, there's my own rock music, (insert shameless plug). But lately, I've been wanting to hear some other sounds. I've often wondered if anyone was doing LDS rap. I've always thought that would be seriously cool.

I found one!

His name's TJ Fredette (not much of a nom d'street, though, if you ask me) and you can find him at http://www.theimaginationcreations.com/ . While that's his regular website, you can get a full song download at: http://www.ldsmusicworld.com/artists/tj_fredette.html . The song is called "Drop to My Knees", and it is great. Tight performance, smooth production. Great.

Then, over at the "Baron of Deseret" blog there was a series of posts (with some fascinating comments) about Heavy Metal and the church. Since I've been a headbanger for years, I found it very interesting, and his frustrations resonated with me like a overdriven "A" power chord grinding into screaming feedback.

Anyways, check it out and smile along with me. And, of course, if you have a link to some other LDS musician that's out on the fringes, just give me a post (promote yourself, too).

MRKH
Mark Hansen
http://markhansenmusic.com

2 comments:

  1. Check out Ozstatic from Down Under, now in Utah, and LDS. Sunset Honey is by far the best album, and you can listen to some songs on the site.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Pop Culture | History | Facts | Trivia · Annual · Pop Culture Quiz · History · Privacy & Copyright · Awards · Grammys · Oscars · PCM's Top 100 Charts ... today in history

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails