Saturday, March 19, 2005

The Work and… Well… Some Glory… Kinda…

My wife and I went out on a date last night, and we saw “The Work and the Glory”. After watching, we came out of the theater, looked at each other, and said, “Meh…”

I mean, it was OK, but it wasn’t great. There were a couple of moments where it almost tried to kinda get intense, but it just didn’t deliver. Overall, it still felt preachy.

Perhaps the most telling review of it I’ve heard or read so far was my Wife’s. She said, “I liked ‘Legacy’ better.”

There were some bright spots. The bad guys were good. I mean, they were done well. The actor that played Father Steed (I forget his name) was pretty good, I thought. Possibly the best of them all.

I had a good time. But I liked “Singles Ward” better.




MRKH
Mark Hansen
http://markhansenmusic.com

1 comment:

  1. Your wife's comment summarizes my feelings exactly. Not a bad film by any measure. I also thought the Steed father was well cast.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails