Tuesday, June 07, 2005

Kirby Responds

I recently got an email from Kirby about the review I wrote. A very nice guy. We started exchanging some emails, and I got a chance to get him to respond to my comments about “Stay With Me”. It was very enlightening. He also gave me permission to post his comments here:

“Mark,

“Thanks for your email. I didn't intend for "Stay with Me" to be taken as a sexual song. I wrote it about reaching a level in a relationship where you never want to say goodbye. I wrote it as a "wooing tool" for my wife. She is so amazing. Somehow, she can be both dangerous and sweet at the same time. We have spent many nights laying awake in bed until the early hours of the morning talking about life and how we met and how we feel. Although I get tired and want to go to sleep, I love listening to her. I love my life with her. It is a song about how much I love our life together.

“With all that said, I certainly understand how easily it could be to interpret the song the way you did. It actually makes me excited when people email me or send me a letter letting me know what a particular song means to them. I really do appreciate you taking the time to listen to the songs and see what they mean to you.

“Thanks again,

“Kirby”

So, there you have it, straight from the proverbial horse’s mouth. I’d really like to meet him face-to-face sometime, when we both have a little more time than just shaking hands at a Deseret Book signing.

But in the meantime, I’m going to keep track of his appearances, and I’ll definitely go and get his autograph! The more I listen to the tunes the more they grow on me, and I liked them from the start, too!



MRKH
Mark Hansen
http://markhansenmusic.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails