Monday, January 30, 2006

A Little Repentance Never Hurt Anybody...

OK, last week I was feeling pretty sorry for myself, and a song (possibly a pretty cool one, if I can realize what’s in my head) came out of it. It summarized a lot of the feelings I’ve been having over the past six to ten months or so.

But then, the Lord kinda called me to task. He did it in a very nice way. I got this email, and I hope the authors don’t mind me sharing an excerpt of it with you.

“I just feel like I have to say something- my brothers and I are in a band and love to rock out, but we couldn't really find the direction we wanted to take our music until my brother heard about you and we got a cd. Your music has changed my life, and now I can't stop listening to it!”

It really struck me as a cool thing to read, but the real message that I think God wanted me to get wasn’t just this one. I started thinking back over some of the emails that I’ve been getting over that same time that I’ve been moping that I was a tree falling in the forest, and I’ve been realizing that there have been people listening. And they’ve been responding back to me. But I was in this dark kinda place and I wasn’t letting myself see them. It’s like I was being blessed, but not noticing, or being grateful.

Ouch.

Anyway, so I’m feeling much better today!


MRKH
Mark Hansen
http://markhansenmusic.com

1 comment:

  1. I can totally relate. Sometimes we don't open our eyes to see what is right in front of us. Most of us have a plethora of blessings to be thankful for.

    Keep up the good work. I'm sure your music is doing some good.

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails