Sunday, August 23, 2009

Oquirrh Mountain Temple Dedication

Today, I got to take my family to the Oquirrh Mountain Temple dedication. That was a very special occasion, and very spiritual. I found it very interesting, however to notice what touched me the most.

There were probably five speakers before the dedicatory prayer, and even though they were excellent speakers, I honestly don't remember a thing any of them said. I do know that they all talked about the temple.

What got to me was the music. There was a small choir (they couldn't fit many people into the temple chapel), but they sang well, and with real enthusiasm as well as reverence. And, at the end, after the Hosanna Shout, when we sang "The Spirit of God", I choked up a couple of times, and couldn't go on singing. It's a powerful hymn, for a powerful setting.



Mark has a lifelong testimony of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-Day Saints (the Mormon Church). Mark also has other sites and blogs, including MarkHansenMusic.com and his Dutch Oven blog.



Mark's Other Blog Posts: Dutch Oven Mushrooms Bellagio at my Birthday DOG, Riffz iz cool,

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts with Thumbnails